Is there actually a reasonable tutorial for the latest version of MPE?
I've been struggling with it for some time now. Initially, I downloaded the latest version from this site, and incorporated it into my project by including the libraries in the relevant places.
I tried loading a ParticleEffect from an xml file, which proved in itself to be a difficult enough task, and then I tried drawing it. It's at this stage I find it is essentially impossible to get the thing to work.
I tried, first off, to create a SpriteBatchRenderer and tell it to render particles to the screen. That worked. Then I gave it the camera matrix. The ParticleEffect rendered completely in the wrong place.
From this point, I had a collection of ridiculous issues, such as the ParticleEffect not following the camera correctly, not being correctly aligned with the camera, having it always be stuck where the camera is DESPITE changing the trigger position constantly,
and having the particles from the emitter constantly change location to match the position of the camera (counter-intuitive)
I eventually, after much googling, decided to try and write my own, primitive, Renderer. I downloaded an older version of Mercury (I can't even get the latest one to load files) and incorporated it into my solution. I wrote up my own primitive renderer
fairly quickly - it iterates through each Emitter in the Effect, and calls SpriteBatch with the relevant BlendState, then draws each of the particles per effect with the correct settings. The result looked nothing like the Editor - and I'm not sure why. Sometimes,
the particles didn't remove themselves properly; they just stayed on the screen.
I'm here in the hopes of getting some help - maybe somebody could take a short while to try and explain how to get the latest version of Mercury to actually work - the documentation on the site is of no help at all :(. I think the editor is great, and I'd
just love to get some help on incorporating those effects with my game. I'd made another thread about the camera alignment issues, but didn't garner a response.
Additionally, the latest version of the source code seems bugged - in that the Editor has a strange offset on the particle trigger.
Any responses would be much welcomed - in need of some help :(